The Penners

The Penners
Jaxon, Irvin, Mari & Leah

Tuesday 9 October 2012

                                            SEPTEMBER UPDATE 3 of 3 Mari's Heart 

Matthew 17:20
"He replied, because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there', and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

   As we left the prairies and entered into the Canadian Rockies, this is the verse that challenged me over and over again, and challenges me still. Every day for 3 weeks I woke up in the morning in awe of the surroundings I was in...the beauty God created, there is something about the mountains that is intimidating, breathtaking and beautiful all at the same time.

   As we continued on with our deputation journey, I was reminded over and over again of the beauty of God. Beauty in nature. Beauty in being part of the family of God, having that instant connection with people you've never met before. The beauty of encouragement received and given, as we were able to share with many in Alberta and British Columbia. And the beauty of friendship as I was able to spend time with precious friends, some of whom I hadn't seen in years.

   Beauty and faith, my themes for this trip...constant reminders of beauty in so many instances, and the challenge to trust God more fully, to have faith that He knows the mountains in my life and will be with me as I walk through them...He is good and beautiful and faithful!

   And as we walk in faith we are encouraged as the last report we received from YUGO said that our support is now at 70%, and we are excited to see what God will do next.

   We thank each and every one of you who are on our prayer and financial support team. Thank you for taking the time to read our updates so that you know what to praise and pray for. We pray God will bless you tenfold as He uses you to bless us.

   This ends our September update, Irv, Leah and I all had different experiences throughout the month and we hope you enjoyed reading each of our perspectives.

        If you would like to become part of our prayer or financial support teams/partners please print out this update and cut out the pledge form below and fill out the commitment to prayer or commitment to financial or both sections and send to the address on the pledge card. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment